YEI TEACHER TRAINING COLLEGE
Hai Mission, Old Mission Road Yei Municipality, Yei, River State,
Republic of South Sudan 09/12/2019
Dear Friends, Partners, Board Members, YTTC Alumni and People of Good Will
Re: Support to Student at YTTC in 2020
- YTTC is a non-governmental, non-profit institution founded in 2001 initially to train in-service teachers. It expanded its efforts significantly in 2006 to include pre-service training. Since its inception, it has trained over 5,000 teachers and education leaders from all over the country and beyond.
- YTTC’s role in education and teacher quality development in South Sudan is recognised both nationally and internationally having been affiliated to Kyambogo University, Uganda and University of Juba, South Sudan.
- YTTC works in the education sector across the country either directly or through its network of Alumni.
- We believe that every South Sudanese citizen has a right to quality education. We have supported education through training of teachers at primary level to contribute to this vision.
- As well as the regular trainings, YTTC also has an extensive experience in supporting education provision in emergency.
- We have played a Critical role in the teacher education sector increasing access and improving equity through provision of scholarships to girls at the College.
- We have provided extensive support to the teacher trainees at the College including the provision of full and partial scholarships and waver of school fees for vulnerable groups of students.
- As a key national player in the teacher education sector in South Sudan, YTTC has been instrumental in establishing movements to advocate for improvement in teacher quality, equity and access issues.
- We have also been at the forefront of policy discourses and provision of technical support to NGOs and other education institutions in the country.
- Using its expertise and alumni networks across the Country, the College is well positioned to implement any teacher education programmes across the country.
- As well as having a functional board and well established facilities of modern status including modern Science and ICT Laboratories and a well stocked Library for research and learning, the College also has well trained Tutors (12 with Masters Degrees and 11 with Bachelors Degrees).
- Its Modern sports ground and conducive environment sets it apart as a centre of excellence true to its Motto.
- Between 2016-2019 and as a result of the interruption in Yei the YTTC staff have been involved in several trainings across many parts of the country such as Aweil, Terekeka, Juba, Yei. Yambio, Torit, Kapoeta, Rumbek, Twic etc.
- The College is now set to re-open its full operations at its own Campus in Yei Beginning January 2020. We plan to receive 220 teacher in March including 150 pre-service and 70 in-service.
- All the 220 students will be provided with breakfast, lunch and evening meals for up to 250 days of the academic calendar. The College will also provide the students with beds, mattresses and pillows in the rooms of residence.
We therefore seek support from you to help us help these student teachers.
There are several ways to help. You can help through cash contribution, contribution in kind, volunteering to teach or provide other technical services at the College or sponsoring a student at the College. Gifts of all amounts are greatly appreciated!
- $1500 educates one student for an entire year.
- $500 educates one student for one term
- $250 buys a student breakfast, lunch and supper for an entire year
- $250 feeds every student breakfast, lunch and supper for one day
- $80 feeds a student for one full term
- $800 pays a tutor's salary for an entire month
- $1000 buys textbooks and school supplies for an entire term
- $500 provides games and Sports equipment for an entire term
Your support will further help us to do the following:
- Keep the satellite internet at the college on to communicate across the world.
- Buy Fuel to provide electricity for the students to study at the library at night
- Buy stationary to run students examinations
- Buy Solar equipment to provide power for students studies at the college
- Maintain a water source at the College for the students
- Undertake basic renovations of the students classrooms, accommodation and sanitary facilities to provide decent learning space for the students at the College
- Undertake general repairs and maintenance works at the college e.g. fixing damaged furniture, fixing the fence, repair of college electronics etc for the well being of the students at the College
- Maintain generator/power equipment to provide power for students at the college
- Buy educational equipment for the science laboratory
- Buy educational equipment for the ICT laboratory
- Maintain the College borehole to provide water for the students
- Support students examination, moderation and accreditation programmes
- Support students school practice/internship activities at the College
- Purchase farm tools to do practical agricultural to feed the students at the College
- Buy vocational equipment and tools to provide livelihood skills training to the students at the college
- Maintain the college automobile to purchase food and supplies for the students
Note: Other courses such as Continuous Professional Development, Leadership Training, Literacy and Numeracy, Education in Emergency, Inclusive Education, ICT, Brassband and Other in-house competency based tailored trainings will run alongside the pre-service and in-service programmes. If you wish to involve the College in any of these trainings planned by your organisation, your are welcome to contact us to conduct the trainings at YTTC
Yours in faith, hope and love
Kepo James Emmanuel Aupal
Principal, YTTC Partner Relations Manager
Tel: +211916959561 Tel: +211928494787, +256782385867
Skype: Skype: aupal.emmanuel
Address: SDA Compound Address: SDA Compound
Gudelle Bilfam Road Gudelle Bilfam Road
Juba, South Sudan Juba, South Sudan