Pre-service Teacher Training
The main academic programme is that of a two year pre–service teacher training course, following the curricula of Kyambogo University Uganda and the Ministry of Education Science and Technology South Sudan.
In-Service Teacher Training
Training is provided for teachers already in service, over a three year period. This involves two training periods of four weeks each, during April/May and August/September, which mainly coincides with the school holidays.
The same subjects are covered as for Pre-service training, but very condensed. This includes School Practice where teachers are supervised in their own classroom after their four week training period.
YTTC tutors follow up their graduates and keep close contact with their alumni.
- Professional Education Studies
- Local Language Education
- English Language Education
- Mathematics Education
- Integrated Science Science
- Agriculture Education
- Physical Education
- Religious Education
- Music Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Kiswahili Education
- Integrated Production Skills
- Information And Communications Technology
- Social Studies Education: Geography, History & Civic Education
- School Practice